Global Marketing Director
This position gives a consistent voice to the Blockchain Users Group across the globe. The Global Marketing Director is responsible for the development and management of all social media, publications, and content marketing efforts across all marketing channels. The Global Marketing Director is supported by all the Directors of the Blockchain Users Group and will guide the Board of Directors in efforts to drive awareness and participation of the Blockchain Users Group. The Global Marketing Director of the Blockchain Users Group will enjoy notoriety and public awareness of their efforts in this exciting new technology across many areas, you will be expected to self-promote whenever and where-ever appropriate to drive awareness of your efforts.
- Develop and execute effective content marketing efforts, including but not limited to the development and timely deployment of a blog, social media posts, media releases, and e-newsletter. Manage consistent messages across traditional and digital media platforms.
- Capture, curate, write, design, and produce engaging social media content through an array of outlets including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube. Grow engagement and traffic/followers to pages. Keep the Blockchain Users Group on top of trends and the latest tools.
- Create and manage fresh, compelling content, blogs, and other means to improve SEO for Blockchainug.org. Serve as the lead to solicit content and update its database.
- Pull reports and analytics for website, social media, and digital advertising to measure performance.
- Initiate and nurture positive relationships with local media contacts and bloggers as well as those specific to the Blockchain industry. Write and disseminate media releases.
- Collaborate and assist local stakeholders within the Blockchain Users Group.
- Capture quality images and video of local events and attractions for use in a variety of media.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills with an emphasis on copywriting, editing, and proofing.
- Fully versed in SEO best practices and analysis of web and social media channels. A thorough understanding of primary social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc. with an ability to pick-up emerging technologies quickly.
- Strong technical skills including knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of key elements of page layout and design. Includes ability to work with suppliers to produce appealing, high-impact communication materials.
- Education and/or training equivalent to a Bachelorâ€™s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, web development, social media, tourism or related field, plus at least two (2) years professional experience in a content management role.
- Projects a positive attitude, willing to adapt to change, and sees him/herself as a member of the Blockchain Users Group team.
- Manages and prioritizes multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while remaining detail oriented.
- Must be capable of exercising independent judgement, discretion and initiative. Utilizes tact and courtesy in frequent contact with business and industry representatives, government officials and the general public.
- Ability to be assertive to drive others toward shared goals.
- Ability to ask for help when help is needed.
How to Apply
You no doubt have a ton of questions, please contact [email protected] to schedule an introductory discussion regarding the position and expectations.
Job Type: Minimum of 10 volunteer hours per week